View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 05:59 PM   #30
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
The problem is you are confusing this term "real racer". Being a "real racer" isn't about all that crap you have strapped to your 4cyl engine. The difference between a "real racer" and a ricer is that a "real racer" knows how to conduct himself. If you want silly taillights then don't let OC Civic hold you back. I disagree with you, however when you say that everyone is welcome at the races. I don't know how you run your races or what kind of organization you have, but where OC Civic and I are from we have strict attendance policies and extremely discreet locations. Of course we'd love to experiance that sceen from F&F where there are hundreds of cars lined up with girls and everything. But if you remember correctly, a lot of people got arrested in that sceen. We don't need that. Having altezzas does not make you a loser ricer that no one wants around. If you can TRULY tell yourself that you like them because they appeal to YOUR style then by all means have them, but I don't know a single person without lying to themselves and me could say "I like them because I do and not because they are cool." The reason you think you are being stereotyped is because you really aren't. By displaying the altezza taillights you are through visual language telling me "I want to be cool". There's nothing wrong with being cool, just earn it.
Oh and by the way, I used to have TYC Taillights. (expensive altezzas)

So, you can honestly sit there and tell me that you know why I have my tail lights, and why I bought them. I didn't buy them because I thought I would be kewl, I bought them because I actually like them.
Why have a strict ordinance about who can and who can't be there to race? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I don't hold an organization, but if I did then everyone would be welcome, and the slower ones would just be easy bait. I don't really know what you all consider ricey, but with me I just like to look good and do my own thing. Like I said, you would be surprised on how quick my Civic is for being a "show car." I do what I do, but the problem with all this is that you are haters....point blank!