View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 10:33 PM   #9
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
[b]Okay, let me see if I can answer some of these questions.

First, you need to decide what you are doing this for. If you want altezzas and intakes and whatnot just to be like everyone else, and not care about peformance, then things are easy for you. Everything you need to buy will be made by APC, which is cheap garbage that a lot of people (commonly referred to as ricers) slap on there car and think it makes em go fast and look cool. Whatever.

So you need to decide if you want to be laughed at by real racers, and to just blend into the ricer crowd, OR if you want to have a respectable car. (Everyone else: don't start a big debate over whats rice and opinions and crap. This issue has been driven into the ground. You all know what I'm talking about.)

Dude, I don't get the stereotyping that people do like this. Some please explain this to me. No snootiness here, but honestly just asking why. Am I not a "real racer" because I have altezza tail lights? What is the deal with that? Just because I have euro tail lights means that I'm out of the "real racer" category.....

Do I not have a respectable car because I have something on my car that someone else might not like? Let's reverse the situation here....let's say that I have altezza's, and someone else doesn't, so does that mean that his/her car is not respectable? A car is a car, and with me there is no such thing really as a car that is not respectable, or a car that just looks like crap because even if someone has a part on their car that I wouldn't put on mine....then who cares because at least they are doing something. Different people have different personalities, which means that there will be many cars that look different, AND EVEN CARS THAT MIGHT HAVE PARTS THAT YOU YOURSELF MIGHT NOT LIKE.

So, what's the moral you say............"Don't stereotype!"