View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
I don't mean to put you on the spot, but out of curiosity, did you get anything from it... other than entertainment value?
First, I didn't really look into the FIT prior. So everything I saw was new to me.

The first thing that struck me as interesting was the placement of the fuel tank. Dead center. It seems like an odd idea, but when you think about its makes sense. You should get much better balance with that type of placement.

Second thing I found interesting was the floor & roof structure. The floor on the FIT is apparently very rigid whereas the roof is more apt to flex. That goes against my original thinking (having dealt with convertibles) of wanting a stiff chassis all around. The design of the chassis itself is completely different from that of any other Honda vehicle. To me, the way it is assembled is impressive. Multiple types of sheet metal with different tensile strengths joined with a frame reinforcement is pretty impressive.

And lastly, I know now that no matter how good your air suspension is it will be bouncy.

Guess I should look into these cars. I just kind of passed them off at first.

Last edited by Addict : 05-25-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote