View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #74
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Well...it's true that different factors could've triggered whatever jiggled that camera, what would account for the smoke seen at the base of the building. I suppose it could've been falling debris, but I don't see anything falling at all...let alone anything big enough to cause that kind of smoke. Also, that camera appears to be some distance away from the tower. I doubt something as simple as falling debris (which was minimal at that point) would've been enougn to jar it around like that. Plus most of those eyewitness reports are talking about an explosion at street level or lower (i.e. a "fireball" going up rather than coming down).

So the conclusion I would draw from that is under the circumstances you have a building that would have survived a plane crash that is essentially brought down from the inside out. You take a building whose structure has been weakened by an impact, but is still intact, and destroy it's main support columns at a foundation level (and likely elsewhere along the way up) and it just can't hold itself up anymore.

i thought these booms and shakings were documented on sesmographs, not what some camera pointing at the towers saw. the buildings are under hundreds of thousdays of pounds of force and when it initially gives way all that energy is released. you cant just have it destroyed, it has to be released as something. steve your in left feild now think about what your really arguing. not everything is behind the same smoke screen

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote