View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Honda_Tengoku

Re: 4th Gen Civic ZC Swap questions

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquariust
Hi all, first post

I have a std 90 civic hatch with the 70hp mustang eater My car has a 4spd, no ac, no power steering, but it does have the multiport injection.

My std is a sohc, and the d16 is a dohc, so I should get more power. I just purchased a 89 integra ls with the d16 zc clone motor with 5 spd. Even if it's only 40 or 50 hp it's better than nothing. I plan to re build the motor anyway, so I'll probaly throw some perf parts in anyway. To me it's just a toy, I drive it to and from work like I'm in the daytona 500, and every month or so go to the track and run it. That's it! I'm a husband and father and right now it's just a hobby. Maybe one day when it really catches my attention, I'll drop a b18 in and go nuts. I'd really like to drive scca.

Anyway, I've been doing some reading on the web and I found a site that clearly stated that the 89 teg motor won't fit in my civic because the mounts are different. Is this true? I hope it's not! I thought the zc and the D16 are the same motors mostly.

If it is, how difficult is it to custom make some motor mounts? I've looked at some ones for the b16 on ebay (http://www.streetimports.com/mounts/mounts2.jpg), and they look easy enough to make provided you had a solid place to mount them to. Anyone ever done this, or know of any web sites? Can stock mounts from another car be used and bolted and welded in place?

Does anyone know where I could buy the circular pieces in the pics with the polyurethane in them? I thought maybe I could get them at a suspension place or something. Anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have any advice, ideas, insight on these questions? I really appreciate it!

-John

if u want to autocross better stay with the D series or ZC. B series are too heavy for autocross cars. Better to just turbo it.