Thread: 0-60 times
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 06:33 PM   #47
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
I own a gtech pro. I'm not knocking it down, but they aren't that accurate. Read my previous post.

I never called it a scam. A slightly inaccurate device does not constitute a scam.

Tell me this: how can bad driving affect the measurement, assuming you trip it (which I've never had not happen).

1. They are that accurate. there is nothing in it to malfunction. it consists of a 3g accelerometer and a chip that takes the info givin by the accelrmtr. multiplies it by the weight you entered and divedes by time. there is nothing for IT to screw up.

2. I know you didn't someone else did.

3. if you buck forward between shifts it screws up the reading
if you pull past 3g's in any direction it screws it up.
if you pick a road that has any side to side or front to back variations it can quickly account for an inaccurate reading.

I'm not saying that if your a good driver it'll work perfect everytime.

What I am saying is that ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT LIES WITH THE G-TECH it's design or components. it is ENTIRELY user error if you don't get accurate responses.

It takes some getting used to and yes after borrowing one for 2 weeks I did get consistant and imo accurate results.

the biggest problem i see with it is that you have no idea what to actually enter for the weight.

sure sure lots of people say it's in the door jam (it is)
and other say it includes the weight of 4 passengers (it may)
NOW try and figure out the actual weight of your car from that..
it's not gunna happen you have to get it weighed on an industrial scale for accurate weight.

NOW... If you really want to point out it's weakness' .

1. they should have an option to mount 4 other accelerometers at the corners of your car so it could deduce road conditions.
2. It should have at least 2 accelerometers where 1 is now. so it can accomidate for over 3g's (I'd personally say it should have 3 so you can measure it more accurately.)
3.MOUNT IT ON A GYROSCOPE. this'll remove any chance of user error.

AGAIN. I'm not trying to be a dick it's just that the statement
" those things are really inaccurate" is FALSE.

they are very accurate therefore VERY hard to use.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote