View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

fishtank, revisited.

hey everyone, been a while since ive posted, been busy with school and the bullshit, computer crashed for 2-3 weeks, finally is working again but thought i'd drop by.so i dont know if any of you remeber me a few months back removing the fish from my tank(picture was included, dont have it anymore) but anyways over the past 3 months or so ive been, as a new hobby, rebuilding the tank from the bottom(littereally) up. i was gonna throw these up in photo exchange but last post was 5 months ago, so i figure i'd keep traffic where it is.

anyways here it goes... 55 gal saltwater reef tank now. ive got some nice shrimp(blood, cleaner, coral banded, pepperment) and crabs(sally lightfoot, arrow, and emerald crab) in there right now as my "cleaner crew" along with about a dozen-18 snails and a dozen-18 hermit crabs. they keep my tank pretty much under control as far as algea, detritus, and leftover food scraps so all i need to do as far as cleaning is the front and side glass. ive got ~70 lbs of fiji liverock and ~50-60 lbs of carribian live sand(live meaning still has beinificial bacteria and microorganisms alive and filtering the water, basically creating a recycling ecosystem)

as far as fish and etc. as of right now i have 2 in there, a spotted manderine goby(techniqally in the dragonet genus, no goby, i believe) and a 6 line wrasse. both very small, under 2 inches. i had a potter angelfish and a sailfin tang but both were victims of me trying to rush the tank together in the first month, one caugh a parasite, the other stress related. tank is 95% healthy as of now though. also there is a flame scallop which was hiding when i tried for pictures, i'll get one in a day or so, and the yellow branch/fan is a yellow grogoneian, it is close to a soft coral, but is actually a seafan which opens little pylops and filters water

ive got another bit of hardware to buy( the under tank sump/refugium and a protine skimmer) but other than that its going to be all coral and fish from here on out.

pitures included are just of the cleaner and coral banded shrimps, and the manderine(hard to see, but has brilliant color detail up close). the grogonians is one of the dark pictures(taken this morning before light timers were on) and a full shot of the tank, also in the dark with just the moonlights on, which gives kinda a feel for the rockwork in the tank. i'll get some daytime photos after noon today when all the lights are up and running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03-23-07_1250.jpg (55.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 03-23-07_1833.jpg (68.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 03-26-07_1410.jpg (201.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 03-27-07_0952.jpg (223.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 03-27-07_0953.jpg (224.0 KB, 6 views)

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 04-02-2007 at 09:12 AM.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote