View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 09:33 PM   #25
richmclaren

I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass or anything, just so you know. Also, I do agree with civic_addict about the whole attitude thing. I've seen plenty of people who will race anyone in their scant horsepower civics. (My ex, for example, and that's why we don't date anymore.) I, however, have a completely stock engine and don't do that because there's really no point. I just want to make my car look nice. I don't see anything wrong with that.

On a side note, I am a "she" and not a "he." (Someone confused this in an earlier posting.) I suppose the user name is a bit misleading, though, and I might as well explain:
My best friend and I once found a website called opendiary.com where it was exactly that: an online open diary. We realized that most of the writers were pre-pubescent little girls who had nothing to talk about but how their "crush" looked so "cute" that day. We decided to make up a person and start a diary. "McLaren" came from a picture of a mclaren f1 I had on the desk and "Rich" was an arbitrary first name. Our diary turned out to be a big hit with all those girls who thought "Rich" was "really cool" and "really hot." Eventually we quit writing in it because of the disturbing emails we got (yes, we started up a hotmail account as well) from those girls who wanted to date "Rich." I figured I already had the email address so I just used it.

We thought it was funny. But maybe you just had to be there...