View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Indiglo gauge install on a 4th gen accord

I put this one on purehonda also:
I just did it on my car today. It took me one hour to take the car apart, and put it back on.

it goes like this:

1 Remove the center console: 6 screws (3 on each side)
2 remove the plastic dash (12 screws)
- 1 screw behind the left airvent
- 1 behind the change box
- 2 above the cluster
- 1 behind the cruise control/sunroof buttons (to remove use a sharp blade and they will pop out
- 1 behind the dimmer switch
- 2 behind the center vents (unscrew the ones on top)
- 2 below the climate control
- 1 behind the ashtray
- 1 behind the lighter
3 remove any wires from the lighter and the ashtray
4 take the stereo out or just unplug the wires from the back
5 unplug the flashers and defrost button

Right now the dash should cpome out. I reccomend taking out the plastic cover from the steering column so it will come on easier

6 After the plastic is removed you need to unscrew 4 screws on the cluster, then remove the harnesses one on each side (the one on the right will be a pain to take out. it is also the one that makes the odometer move, show rpms and speed), and there is one on top for the dash lighting.

7 After u take the cluster out it has 6 plastic clams that will hold the glass to the other part. Just take the glass out and the cluster bezzel will come out too. Right now you have acces to the needles and the gauges. put the indiglos in. There should be a light on the back with 2 wires that will go to the top. just cut the two wires and hook it up to the idiglo gauges relay(i,m not sure if they are polarity dependent. it worked on mine the first time.

8 make sure you run the wires thru the back of the cluster and screw the 4 cluster screws back in. i put my relay next to the dimmer switch and it worked fine there. Nou u are ready to assemble the car back. Follow the steps 6 thru one.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote