Thread: new parts
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

Got another new part today. Wish i could get a box everyday, it's like a christmas i pay for

anyway, it's my turbo timer. It's the apexi one, which i'm very familiar with since i installed one in my friend's wrx, only thing is, he had a harness, i don't. So the 3 wires comming off the connector will have to be cut and spliced into the ignition wires i'm assuming. So basically, do i have to run these wires into the ignition, or can i spice them into the wires off the ecu?

On the instructions, it says the red wire is a constant 12 volt (that's pretty self explanitory) then the blue is the IG2 output and the green is the IG1 output. The thing that gets me is i have two ecu diagrams (not using the apexi ones cause they suck) and i could only find one ignition wire for the ecu. So does this mean i have to search in my steering collum for which one will be the right wire?

Other thing is, will i be able to use the keyless entry on my car when the TT is engaged? otherwise is there a way to bypass it.

thanks arnel, since i know you're the one who's going to answer this post