View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 08:43 PM   #36
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

wow... i dont check this for a few days and look what happened. if you read this correctly, i rave him a 2 second head start,a nd normaly i wouldnt have waited my time, but when he throws a comment like your slow 4 banger cant beat my 6 cyl truck. and i know i can walk him, why am i gonna back down? my car also isnt a "sports car" its a "sports coupe" i can toss it around in turns nicely, and running mid 14's isnt bad for a 3000lb 4 cyl.i know i wont be as fast a a cobra... i'd hope not, i'd feel bad for you if i was. you pay extra for the dealer optional performance package on your car and i beat you with my 4 cyl with basic bolt ons. but show some intelegence and at least see that a honda engine designed to pe a performance engine, thats been lightly externaly modified can hold its own on the street. ive beaten plenty of domestics before, never a cobra, never raced one. dont think i'll beat it, but i wouldnt back down from a roll(to keep things KINDA fair). the new technology in DOHC motors is great, you can have a huge range of adjustability for your intake and exaust valve sides and tuning a low tq engine to run respectable mid-low 14's on a fwd layout you cant honestly say you dont give the slightest credit? im not downing the push rod motors, they have awsome tq, lack upper end a little (mildy stock early-mid 90's gt's do at least) and ive seen a few blocks that have blown holes in them from tuning. my friends 2001 v6 mustang has only given him problems, and he's the only one i personaly know with a domestic that actualy "drives" it. getting a mustang to run 12's isnt too difficult, getting a preldue to run 13's is. i wake up each morning, look at my car and smile, because its mine, i love the styling and i love the driving experience i get from it. it sounds like you enjoy yours too, and if you do, thats all that matters. i dont see why you have to come here and hate on me because i had fun with a truck, and i beat a rsx type-s i could tell you about the turbo'd DSM i beat 5 montsh ago pushing 15psi, or the turbo'd DSM i raced wensday night and i took him from 50-75 then he got me from 75-90 but its all irrelevent because ignorance is bliss

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.