View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 04:57 AM   #29
78 monte

Hey PonyBoy whats the prob???? Incase you wern't informed racing isn't cubic inches its cubic dollars.Anything will go fast for enough money.Who cares anyway if they like there imports let um have um.I personally wouldn't want one but thats why I don't have one.Your complaining about these guys hen they haven't done nothing to you.

Now as far as the guys saying mustangs and sutch are so expensive that isn't nessarily true.I've got a Monte built out of allot of used "junk yard" parts and a few after market stuff.It'll run 13.9 and it only cost around $2500.

Now I seen it mentioned somewere a comment saying something like"I'm 16 let me pimp out mom's car.Well PonyBoy If there doin there own work whats the *****???And making do with what they have well allot of guys make do with what they have.If mommy footed the bill for me I'd have a way better setup than I got but I hold my head in pride cause I built what I got.

Also you gotta respect some of these motors I personally hate the way they sound but to each his own.Some of them are putting out #s exceeding some of the old 1970s 302fords and 262 and 305 chevs.Some evan exceed the HP of 70s 350s.

All in all I'll stick to my Chevys.I may never understand import inthusiasts but I don't understand the Ford and Mopar camps either.Also its been excepted that Farrari and Lamborgini are fast are they from Detroit???

My only complaint about imorts is that the money spent or them is going to a foriuegn land wether produced here or not.