View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 01:54 PM   #99
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
sure u can tune some overlap out, but not all. It just is not a good cam to boost on. U would do better with a GSR cam, or a turbo cam. One of my friends had a Prelude Type S with 7 pounds of boost (yes I know its a different car, but it is a high overlap cam like the CTR). With cam gears trying to get as much overlap out as possible. I believe he went -3 degrees on one side, and +3 degrees on the other cam (or something like that, I could talk to him if it really matters). Basically he pushed the cam timing as far as u can take it safely on a street engine. Dont get me wrong cam gears made a world of difference on the Type S cams but, then he changed out the cams for the H22A1 cam and it made a huge difference over the Type S cams once it was tuned with cam gears. I know they are not the same engines, but the results and ideas are similar. BTW he ran a best of 13.5 with slicks with 7 pounds of boost, and an exhaust.

i find it hard to believe going back to stock cams made a "huge difference", any dyno proof?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote