View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 08:17 PM   #14
BiancaCivic21

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man

umm, what safety button are you talking about?

The one that removes the starter ready-mode ??
If so, its not a safety button. Its with the pin that is pushed when the you close the door. and so on..

yea youre right...what hes talkin about is the hood pin. supposed to be included when you get you remote start added to prevent accidents when people are working on the car etc.

but you CAN get a remote start installed on a stick as long as it is designed to work safely with one. All of clifford g4 remote starts and the compustart alarms will work. Chances are, youre not gonna find a shop that will install a regular remote start on your 5 speed. I have a remote start on my 5 speed...its nice to have, but kinda a hassle. You gotta push a certain button on the remote once you park, your cars in neutral, ya got your e brake up, then you can take you keys out ~engine stays running~ once you arm the car the engine shuts off. NOW once you arm the car, if you disarm it, if it goes off, if a door, hood anything gets opened, you will not be able to remote start it.

You said you wanted a relatively cheap alarm. I dont think you will find a 5 speed remote start under $300.
About how much do you wanna spend?