View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 08:49 AM   #39
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

SO YOU THINK IT'S THE SINGER, NOT THE SONG ?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
...what exactly do you believe in BDC?... I'm a bit confused here... Did you "feel" anything on your axle back exhaust? I doubt you did. But you still got it, right? Hmm.
Let's go back to this snipe for a minute.

While I don't particularly care for some of the marketing practices at Honda, I believe their engineers are quite good. Some ppl, however, think they know more than Honda engineers [which is laughable] and the aftermarket pimps prey on their ego and stupidity.

Personally, I like the stock airbox in my HX. It has a nice design. I believe it's practically and functionally the same [if not identical] to the one Honda uses on the Si. The air filter, itself, was a different matter. I believe K&N makes the best air filters, albeit more expensive and more time consuming to maintain correctly.

I also believe that the OE Honda header is just fine for most ppl. All they are doing is asking for trouble when they replace them with Brand-X, and they usually get it.

I freely admit the reason I switched my OE exhaust to a Tenzo R Venturi was for LOOKS and SOUND. I wish others would be as forth-coming and truthful about their header decision. I was also looking for WEIGHT reduction and got it. I achieved all these things for a little more than 200 bones.

I think this picture says it all:

After going through a 'revving on everybody' period, my gas mileage returned to normal [got 51 MPG this week], and it hasn't caused one problem. I'm sure I could copy-n-paste 'reams' of problems that ppl have had with header installations, but you've seen them too.

Gotta run... continuing...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote