View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 11:03 PM   #38
Dezoris

Guess who? It is magic, True my backpressure problem started long before the header, I believe the header made it worse. Since we are cutting and pasting

Quote:
Posted by Dezoris

This is a good question, I have the similar problem, but, temperatures effect it. I think much of it is backpressure.
I think also it could be you just need your throttle body cleaned, and have your fuel system flushed with a machine. check your plugs. Have your cap and rotor changed.
Basically the 30k mainatinence, helped me. Also your clucth may be worn and the flywheel may be warped slightly which can cause this too.
Any mechanic will blame your mods first as we do. How big is your exaust on the WS?
In response to this Question
Quote:
Originally posted by Shamus
I still have the stock cat in place with the IHE and the problem I am trying to describe seems to have gotten a little worse over the summer.

Between the ranges of 2-3.5K, my car sometimes "sputters" when I step on the gas or when I am just starting off the line. It almost feels like vapor lock would on a carb'd. engine sometimes.

It was first suggested that it may be due to a lack of backpressure which makes total sense to me. If that is that case, what is the next step to correct the sputtering. I am guessing that because I have impoved the breathing, I now need to attack the fuel delivery?

The fuel rail and throttle body are still stock.

Thanks,
j.