View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 10:23 PM   #35
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Care to take a stab at this one???

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Well considering the fact that the power generated by the turbo well out weighs the possible negative effects, no one is bothered. In a NA application or supercharger application one would be concerned [with backpressure]. Or at least a well educated person would be concerned.
This is fairly typical of posts I have read seeking help after doing a header install. Generally, these posts fall into two categories --- the engine doesn't run right, or the 'check engine' light stays on all the time.

Does this sound familiar???

Quote:
Originally posted by Shamus
Problems due to a lack of back pressure?

I still have the stock cat in place with the IHE and the problem I am trying to describe seems to have gotten a little worse over the summer.

Between the ranges of 2-3.5K, my car sometimes "sputters" when I step on the gas or when I am just starting off the line. It almost feels like vapor lock would on a carb'd. engine sometimes.

It was first suggested that it may be due to a lack of backpressure which makes total sense to me. If that is that case, what is the next step to correct the sputtering. I am guessing that because I have impoved the breathing, I now need to attack the fuel delivery?

The fuel rail and throttle body are still stock.

Thanks,
j.

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
had the same problem after i installed my headers (i already
have an exhaust and intake at that time). and whenever i'm
going off the line, at some point in the rpm my car feels like
it's having an asthma attack. since i'm still a neophyte at that
time (4 yrs. ago), i didn't want to mess with the fuel system
or whatever. i just left it at that...

Quote:
Originally posted by Guess Who???
This is a good question, I have the similar problem, but, temperatures effect it. I think much of it is backpressure...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote