View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 05:11 PM   #16
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by advanracing62
I don't know if Honda manifolds are the greatest thig to exist... I mean you're tellin me that the JDM 4-1 ITR header that comes STOCK on the B18C5 engine is ineffective??? I would find that hard to believe...
LOL! Okay, kiddies. Here's another lesson for you...

What advanracing62 is attempting to do doing here is one of the oldest tricks in the book. It's called 'The Strawman Attack.'

The Strawman attack is the act of distorting your opponent's argument so that you may attack the distorted, weakened version. Quite literally, it is the act of building up a strawman and then knocking it down, because a strawman is easier to knock down than your true opponent.

In this case, advanracing62 tries to claim that I am saying a JDM 4-1 ITR header is ineffective. I am not saying that, and I have never said that.

I have said:
Quote:
Originanally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
With Honda engines... the factory engineers did a masterful job in coming up with an exhaust manifold that delivers excellent power and torque throughout the powerband. This is NOT to say there is no room for improvement --- it's just that the improvement is NOT drastic and 'neck-snapping' as header manufacturers [and your friends] want you to believe.
However, this is the basic nature of the Strawman Attack --- distort "DC Sports 4-2-1" to "Honda Japanese Domestic Market 4-1 ITR " and then you suddenly have a convenient strawman, which you can easily knock down for a cheap declaration of victory.

I also said:
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDeuceCoupe
If you tell someone a $400 fuel rail/FPR combo won't do sh!t for them, here come the flames. If you tell them front strut tower bars don't work, you'll get a dozen responses from 'placebo-dazed' monkeys saying they do. I'm sure the same thing will happen in this post.
... and, that's what is happening now.

Sorry to beat-up on you, bro, but you can save the grade-school debating tactics for your girlfriend. They don't work on me and I'll call you on them every time!!!
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote