View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 04:07 PM   #15
advanracing62

I don't know if Honda manifolds are the greatest thig to exist... I mean you're tellin me that the JDM 4-1 ITR header that comes STOCK on the B18C5 engine is ineffective??? I would find that hard to believe... While I do agree that the HP/TQ gains claimed by all companies are/appear to be fictious we have to keep in mind that they are testing the product on a HIGHLY mod engine. Which most of us don't have. If I had the time now I could post you a chart showing that a N/A motor tuned properly can and does take use of the 4-1 set up. Also I do agree with the real world statements but at the same time I vary rarely stay below 4000 rpm, I usually drive around at about 55-6000 and put the throttle at 100% whenever possible. It's just the way I drive and there aren't many people that do that... I live mainly at the mid to high rpm level cause that's what Honda has designed my engine to do... well them and JUN. Also you might want to note that JUN has done extensive real world testing and they have chart upon chart upon chart of documentation about headers,cams,intakes...etc.. Toda is the same. I am just interjecting my point cause this is turning out to be a big ad for FI and there are those of us that would/can spend the cash to be N/A and fast. Maybe not as fast as FI but fast enough to make us happy. You're all probably going to talk shit and so on but that's how it is. No I'm not a ricer and yes I do race. Infact I am assisting with development on some products for SC's in the future.