View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 08:38 PM   #7
spoogenet

I've had discussions with a buddy of mine where we both basically sit around and ***** about something similar. Not the dating part, but the looks part. When I was in HS I could easily tell the girls who were younger than me and those who were older. I'm 24 now and I have a hard time telling the difference between 16 and 28 with a quick visual glance. Of course hearing the girl talk to her friends and watching how she carries herself will quickly distinguish between the teens and early 20's crowd. But dammit it's quite annoying when I can't tell the difference between jailbait and legitimate meat on a hook for me to toss my worm on. Ok, so the previous line is a joke....but one with the show.

As far as dating a girl younger than you, it really depends on the situation. If you're 19 and she's 15 I could maybe see an issue, but at 16 maybe not. In the US it's a big deal partly because of the whole driving thing. If her parents were cool with it, you're cool with it, she's cool with it.....then it's up to you to decide if you want to do it. But as a general rule I wouldn't pursue a girl that young.

When I was 19 I dated a 16-year-old girl. I had actually known her for a few years, knew her parents and stuff.....I gotta say for 16 she was well above the rest in many ways. I screwed up the relationship like an idiot, it had nothing to do with her age. But I've known some younger girls who I couldn't even bear being friends with they were some idiotically immature....some of them have been well into their 20's.......

Personally I like women. There's not a lot of women at my age, and there's even less as you go younger. I don't think I'll find me a woman my age until I'm around 30. So far most of 'em are just girls.

b