View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #18
Porsche 951S

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Not necessarily. I've attended road course events and turned in nearly identical times with similar Porsches (not GT2s...not sure what model since I'm not a big Porsche guys, but they looked similar). Then again, I've got my suspension built up pretty well and the chassis is braced so well there's virtually no flex. No doubt it would annihilate a stock Mustang. Plus I've got a bit more power to make up for what the handling lacks.

Even still, a GT2 is the cremé-de-la-cremé of the 911/996 model line. It's got a stripped interior, AWD delete, Sunroof Delete, PCCB brakes, and a ton of other features over a stock 911/996 Twin Turbo. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that your Mustang can't do well if setup right (sure stock is a pig, but it's not hard to fix), but it would take some serious work to outdo a GT2.

The other factor to figure is the driver factor. Odds are you've spent a while at the track, and those similar Porsche's (probably 996 TT's or GT3's if they looked similar) are probably out for the first time.