Thread: Blue Ray/HD
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
dabouncerx24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Haha...it probably should be. After everything Son'y done in the past few years, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that they hate you. Yes, you. After they sued everyone and their mother for selling PSPs from Japan in Europe (claiming something about it lessening their carefully planned marketing strategy pf anticipation) to their optical drive problem in early PS2s to their whole Rootkit bullshit, it's obvious that they have it in for you.

I think Minidisks were kind of like the war in Iraq (without all the death). At first some people thought it was a good idea and others were hesitant. Then after a while it looked like it might go farther forward. Then all of a sudden it just hit a wall and no one wanted it anymore. But there will always be a few people who bought into the whole fad that will refuse to admit they were wrong and still talk about how great they are. See also: DAT tapes (although those are still good for studio recordings if you want to use them). Did I just make a successful comparison between politics and electronic mediums? I think I did. Man, I rule so hard.

Hm, but MDs remained popular for a quite a few years in Asia. Not sure about now since I haven't been back there in forever. It never made it big here though, maybe the ppl are too lazy to go through all the annoying song uploading/recording processes.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote