Thread: Blue Ray/HD
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I haven't heard much of anything firsthand on the PS3s...no one I know has the money for one. But Aaron's right...I wouldn't use that as a centerpiece for an entertainment system. However, to the best of my knowledge, the Xbox doesn't have the capability for true HD definition like the PS3 does. It's a trade off...a 16X DVD-ROM (Xbox) vs. a 1X Blu-Ray drive (Sony). I'm willing to bet load times on the PS3 are murder.

Yeah...I'm not totally sold on stand-alone Blu-Ray players just yet. In 6 or 8months they'll be cheaper, a lot more kinks will be worked out, and they'll have better features. Shit...just look at how much a Blu-Ray burner costs for your computer. I'm not even going to consider paying $1000 for a 2X burner on an unproven media. I don't know what the definition of newer HD DVDs are, but for a while Blu-Ray was promised as being the only way to get true HD for movies. I know HD DVDs usually hold something like 17GB of data...and that makes no sense to me since that's Blu-Ray territory.

If I had the money I'd focus on the TV and sound system right now and use my old DVD player until the new systems get ironed out. For a gaming system, I'd probably end up with a PS3 just because I've got the PS2 and would want to play all my old games and any future sequels.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote