Thread: Blue Ray/HD
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
blind34_1

my .02 from what I know, xbox 360 over the ps3, just because of the problems i've heard. I have not seen them in person, just things I've read. A general lukewarm response from the community.

and, if you want a quality system, your centerpeice shouldn't be a gaming console imo. Sounds like you have a high dollar monitor, so maybe focus on the sound system? also, you might consider an HTPC running MythTV (linux), MCE (windows media center ed), or going the paid route for BeyondTV(windows based mc app)? This is the kind of stuff that, once set up proper, makes a TiVo look like a baby's toy. I'm looking forward to building a rig once I have the extra cash.

I would not buy into the whole HD and Blu Ray craze just yet. Remember when DVDs came out? Remember how much the players cost? now you get them practically for free. Also, there is still some turbulance with the AACS protection system, and the industry not knowing what to do now (it was cracked). The victims will possibly be consumers who went out and bought an early player, which could end up blacklisted for future releases (speculation). doom9.net is a good resource to check up on every now and then for this kind of news)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote