View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 07:13 PM   #16
ricer

I would get a half ton to be my daily driver. then I could haul my sled around as well. but why wouldn't it be a daily driver. In highschool I drove a 1973 Omega. It had a 350 big block and got 12 MPG. But it was fun to drive! It was the fastest car in school, next to a Dart with a 360, and still holds second place in parking lot burnouts...from five years ago! And the GTO I found is $6000. some old farmer has it. He's been hanging onto it forever and has just decided to sell it. the engine was tore down and resealed two years ago and the car hasn't moved since. It needs new quarter panels and paint a job. but thats okay cause I love working on my cars. Actually, this (if i buy it) will be the third car I've painted. And I live in Saskatchewan, so its not as pricey up here. For 20K, I could buy a judge and a parts car to go with it. And you would be surprised how many stock, imports, with huge spoilers, huge fart tips and stickers try to race my dads camaro on the weekends. It's ridiculus!! I just laugh at them. That is whats got me thinkin about ditchin my ride. I bought hte thing to comute back and forth from the city with, but its getting on my nerves. And thats to bad that you don't know anything about your engine, except how much HP the sticker says. cause what happens when it breaks down? how are gonna know how to fix it if you don't know anything about it? my friends and I laugh at people like that. They're bench racers. They don't know anything except how to shift gears. I can still list the specs of that bb I had in high school. especially with the jackasses that I see trying to race everything under the sun because they just rinsed out their K+N. I don't know how much it would cost to get 95 hp per liter, but you have hardly and liters in that engine to begin with! So just because you get 95 hp per liter, doesn't make it fast When it comes down to it, I can build a 406, with AFR heads, a high energy cam, performer RPM intake, 10:1 comp, and a 750 DP holley produce 512 hp and over 600 llbs-ft of torque; all for roughly $5000. Now let me ask you this. How much is that engine you want to buy, and would that 95 hp per liter beat my 406 in a 1/4 race? I don't think so. You can check the specs at www.airflowresearch.com This is what I mean when I see guys and their civics thinkin they are all fast, but the truth is that they are barely breakin the 14's in the quater, and are in huge debt because of it. Then they start yellin See you at the gas station! Come to think of it, that is the only thing they yell. guess its the only thing they can think of. But then you gotta think, the money they've spent on their spoilers and mods, I 've spent at the pump. It all evens out. Actually, in a year, I've probably spent less. And if you are gonna label me as a redneck, IF I buy that goat, then fine. But remember this. This redneck will have know more about cars than you, and will have a faster car than you. I think I just comvinced myself to get rid of the 4 pod. Thanks!