Thread: Indiglo Gauges
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 01:45 AM   #33
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
So Far as I see it, its not worth having indiglo gauges. It might be easy for some people to install for me, but its a pain in the ass for me.

I installed it yesterday and today, the needle stopped moving so I guess I didnt glue the gauges down enough. took em out, glued them again. Few hours later, the needle stop moving again. I am going to take this god damn indiglo gauges out and install them maybe 1 month later after I learn how to connect these god damn wires. I have no idea whatsoever to do these kinda stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Appreciate the help guys.

Wait. First of all, you shouldn't have moved the needles at all. You have the bend the gauges to slide them over. I just screwed my gauges and used thin double sided tape, no glue!

You found the wire, so tap into it. All you have to do is make good contact and tape it up to keep it simple. Strip a portion off of the wire to tap into, wrap the indiglo gauge pos. wire around it securely, etc. Have you ever done stereo work or anything? Same idea.

I don't know ground points in your car, etc. but I'm sure it isn't THAT hard to find them. Follow the black wire on other components to see if it goes to ground.

Do you have a digi cam? Maybe you could snap a pic of what you're having trouble with.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote