View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #16
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by phorcedaccess
Actually with a few slight mods you can blow american muscle cars off the road. Who says a racing car has to be rear wheel powerd. Pulling instead of pushing is an age old debate. Personally my accrod blows away mustangs, bmw's, and pretty much anything till you get into the high end of those models.

Ok im gonna be very polite about this the low end of the "muscle cars are like the low end of impor t cars cheap restrictive and normally decent on gas. Look at it for a second a low end civic vs a lowend mustang now out of the box equal drivers they are almost even due to weight but look at it this way in one you have a 1.5-1.6 liter engine the other is a 3.8ish liter engine now whcich do you think is gonna respond well to mods?? the mustang will respond better due to its larger engine cause in all honesty there is no replacment for displacment only temporary equalizers. For example you take a 98 integra ls vs a 98 camaro v6 now out of the box you have 140hp vs 160ho but due to the wieght the differences they are almost even cars.but put i/h/e on the teg and its beating the stock camaro now put h/e/air filter they are almost even again. now you take the header off the teg and boost it to aroun 10psi and thus a replacment for displacment

ooops no the same camaro goes and gets chiped new gears more aggresive cams and thus the replacment is made temp then the teg has to dig into the engine deeper while the camaro is still just getting unleashed. so it instead of it being rwd vs fwd you have two contrasting styles over all vs each other the fwd vs rwd is just part of a larger picture. But the thing is our import low end cars are bilt for the same purpose as the domestic low end cars to support the real cars of the line up what i mean by that is the civic and integras are there to support the type r's and nsx's,s2000's while the v6 stangs supprt the cobra and the v6 maros support the z28s and ss's.

WHEW that was alot of typing the point of that im unsure i guess to help educate those that are ignorant to the contrasting styles that are domestic vs import or now that domestic companys are into the "import scene" it should now be called the sport compact scene so i guess its now sport compacts vs muscle cars!! its all about personal preference.