Thread: Civic vs. Civic
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
JDMFantasy2k

Civic vs. Civic

Well tonight i met up with a friend who i haven't seen in a few weeks. He has a white 99 civic ex coupe 5-spd, with ground control coilovers, koni struts, 17" wheels, greddy evo exhaust and an AEM V2 intake. My car doesn't have anything new aside from the short throw shifter ( you can see my other mods on my page look in my profile). So i meet up with him and out of the blue he's like i want to race. I'm not one to back down from a street race. So we go to this local place known as White's Highway, which is about a 3 lane semi-abandoned road. So we make one slow pass to check the area and my other friends close the road.

race time.
It's about 10 at night, we line up ( i pulled my silencer out) and we're revvin up. Unfortunatley i start to roll foreward and being the nice guy I am i put on my brake so i don't get a head start, right as my flagger drops. Hence i got the shittyist start since i had to rev quick and spin tire. So we get going and i tear into second and he isn't too far ahead, then i hit third, neck and neck. Halfway through third my car seems as if it's being pulled by a F-14 with its afterburners on. Then i grab 4th gear, i pull in front and i start to reach "take my liscense away" speeds, so i slow it down and we cruise a little.
We round a small corner (40 ish) give a look, and drop 2nd, and once again i pull away triumphantly. So it was a perfect racing night.