View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
vtracer20

me vs my bro's cavi

Okay so here is the background....my brother has a 01 cavi 2.2L, with catback intake, plugs and wires. He's got it lowered on kyb's. Both have low pros. I have intake, new header back exhaust, no cat, exedy clutch and fidenza flywheel, plugs and wires. Before my new exhaust got finished put on this morning my brother could easilily beat my car in 1/4 mile. After i got out of work and it kinda was getting dark we decided to see how much faster the exhaust made my car. NOTE TO ALL: i think my cat was plugged and header was cracked in many places so i lost alot of power their and gained it back with the new setup. Here is how it went:

1st i drop it from 3k and launch hard. Very little spin. I hit redline at 33mph. Try to get into 2nd and grind the gears a little and hit it hard. Get to 55 (around their wasn't looking at the time). We neck and neck both cars screaming. I get into 3rd and my car loves it. I start to pull a little but hit redline pretty quickly. 4th i pull harder and he's about a car length away and pulling. We decided to stop cause we ran out of road. That's was my first race ever and it was crazy. We did it twice the second time i had a better run and won by more. I'm pretty impressed how much power was gained back from my headerback setup.