View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 04:44 PM   #18
mullen

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED

Look at it this way...mod for mod who comes out on top, a I4 or a V8? You slap on a turbo, start pushing 250-300hp (maybe a little more depending on the engine). I slap one on and I'm staring at 500-550hp. You rebuild your motor and stroke it, resleeve it, port and polish the heads...get maybe 40hp. I can swap heads on a stock motor and get that much. So please don't tell me that imports will always beat domestics...but I'll be sure to tell you the next time I see a 10 second Civic or Accord driving around on the street. Just don't wait by the phone.

My thoughts exactly!!!! I dont post here much but for what ever reason this post struck "accord" pun intended I to love my import as much as my domestic My wife and I have regular fights on who gets to take our Accord. In the summer she usually wins because I get to pull out my showroom condition white 1990 5.0L mustang while our Caravan sits alone in the driveway.

I've allways held the notion that give me a $10000 budget I'll buy a domestic you buy an import we meet at the track It's a no brainer who will come out on top!!