Thread: Military
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 12:57 AM   #99
armyguy5
3rd Gear

oh no the armyguy read the military post

haha actually in the army you get treated like your twelve. Stupid things go on. Room inspections at 0330. I live on the biggest post in all of the military. I'm a 14J (juliet). it's a sentinel radar operator. I track anything that moves in the sky and classify it. the only thing i can think of this transfering over is to an air traffic controller. um my basic was 9 weeks, and was tough. never thought i'd drag my head in woodchips but i did. I went to Ft. bliss tx in el paso for 19 weeks of school (damn) where we still had drill sergeants even though i was told it was like college. i got no bonus for join but i did get 54,000 dollars for college (24,000 army college fund 30,000 MGIB). i enlisted for 2 years. since i'm from illinois the state pays for all my college. i dont pay taxes. we get all weekends off. one four day weekend a month and other cool shit. my pay grade is e-3 and i make 1305 a month. i pay a car payment, digital cable, cable modem, surround sound..new computer..the whole works. It's not that bad. Drinking is fun =) i dunno if you wanna know about the army talk to me

chris
2002 Honda Civic EX coupe
HHB 1-44 ADA (air defense artillery)
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote