Thread: Psi Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 06:36 PM   #8
mx6gt91

Quote:
Whatever you do don't boost more then 7psi on stock internals. I made that mistake and fried my pistons, blew my head gasket etc...

Was it dyno tuned???, thats probably why you fried them. i got a friend with a T4 on a 95 SOHC EX engine and hes running 12psi with no problem. He also has stock internals. last i saw him he had 242hp at the wheels, im going to see him soon again cause there putting on my turbo.

Quote:
The turbo is pretty big and I don't want to damage/destroy/freaking explode- my car.

if the turbo is that big then i dont think it will work right with your car. if the turbo is big then it will spool up late, i just hope that your redline isnt before 7000rpm. since you metioned that it was BIG, it might not make any power at 8psi. a T4 only makes power when its set at 10psi and about, and at 10psi is about an easy 220hp.

if its the size of a T4 then its too big, T4's spool at about 4500rpm

Since you mentioned that you have an automatic just becareful cause automatics dont handle much power unless there built for it. So im going to say about 8-10psi (only if tuned!!)

Quote:
did u get a bOV, wastegate, Intercooler?

he doesnt really need a BOV, maybe a Bypass valve from a 1st gen Eclipse. since the cars and automatic its not going to have much pressure to release cause the turbos always going to be spooled. Wastegate ya he could use one, Intercooler yes needed. one from an old Starion/Conquest would work. try E-bay

If i remember correctly a wastegate holds the psi at what its set at. EX- if you set it at 10psi the wastegate will wait till its at 10psi holds it there and lets the extra exhaust out thats trying to get it above 10psi. mostly so you dont get boost spike and blow your engine.

most people run the wastegate exhaust into the exhaust or out the side/under the car. BTW- they are very loud when when they exit out the side/under the car, but they sound GOOD.