Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

So...has anyone else seen this yet? I just watched it tonight and I thought it was good, but it could have been a lot better. I'm not going to short change the movie's strengths...the battle scenes were fucking epic and the story was fairly strong. Where does it fail? The dialogue. As with seemingly all movies based on Frank Miller's comics (including Sin City), the dialogue seems forced and without pace. In one scene Spartans are speaking eloquent, almost middle english and in the next they use dialogue that might as well have been taken from any modern Hollywood blockbuster. That wouldn't be annoying if the movie hadn't taken place over 2000 years ago. If you've ever seen Sin City, you'll know what I mean. Miller pushes the dialogue so far that it becomes almost annoying. It tried for the feel and rythym of 1930-1940s slang so hard that it became so abrasive that it was almost unwatchable. 300 isn't that far gone, but it's certainly noticable. So yeah...it's got phenominal action scenes, a decent story, and shitty dialogue. You be the judge.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote