View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
illusion

Stereotyping all honda owners with fart can exhaust isn't a fair assumption. There are idiots in any shape or form. When I still had my bel air and the rare occasions I'd take her out of the street my biggest bother were mustangs. On more than one occasion I'd have some jackass commenting on heavy ass tank this, slow pig that, yada yada, not paying any attention to that funny belt wirring away right in front of their eyes, it didn't matter if they didn't know it was a bored out built from the ground up 454(actually 463, 454 .040 over) it didn't matter if they knew that the blower was an 11-71, and it didn't even matter if the funny blue and red lines running all over the place that was in plain sight was actually plumbing for a Pro Fogger II, what mattered to me was that I rarely like to screw with anyone on the street because I just got in too much trouble, and driving as nice as I can I still have some needledick insist that his mustang is faster than my old lead sled(again paying no attention to the visible 3" blower belt or the plumbing for a plate injection N20 setup) for no reason other than to prove what a man he was, just pissed me off.

Now that I'm a little older and prefer my speed in the two wheel variety I still get it all the time. I was sitting at a light x-mas eve with my son in the back seat of the accord and I get a V6 mustang next to me revving the piss out of his motor. The light turned and away he went in all of his glory. I got caught next to him at the next light and he's talking some kind of crap about how slow my accord is(even though a 15.1 is plenty to take care of your average v6 mustang) so I rolled down the back window so he could see my kid and got a dumbfounded look on his face, but still when the light turned green he screeched his tires and away he went. Even on my bike I have cars try and screw with me. So go figure.

It doesn't matter who you are or what you drive there are always morons to put stereotypes against. As was pointed out, is it a fair assumption that you have a mullet and little or no college education? Is your wife also your aunt? It works on all levels. I will agree that there is a surprising number of jackass kids that think their civics are the hottest and fastest thing on 4 wheels, but don't shoehorn everyone because of a bad experience you've had. I'm old, I have fart car exhaust, a loud stereo, neon under my dash(that only comes on when the doors open, no other time), tinted windows, and all of the cute things, but I don't go around racing everyone and their mother hoping to get a minivan kill, I have had her at the track once or twice, but prefer to take my bike to laguna for a nice test and tune day and waste a set of meat than waste my time trying to kill myself because some kid wanted to race me.

What does it say about you that you couldn't be big enough to not race him if you knew you would whip his butt? What does it say about you that even after you beat him once you had to keep proving yourself? Is it really that small? A simple "sorry guy, no need to try and kill ourselves, I'll be at the track this friday, you're more than welcome to let the numbers tell the tale" would have been more than adequate, or are you just a street racer in another form, a more dangerous form?

So this is the car you're boasting about(yes I understand yours is modified) but this body style??

It's just sad that your satchel is so small you have to come by and prove what a man you are on a honda site. Oh well, to each his own.