View Single Post
Old 09-07-2001, 06:44 AM   #7
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Hate to break it to ya, but you'll never hit 250 WHP all motor on an F23. Sorry. Simply not physically possible.

The best of the best DD B18Cs are putting out 220-240 WHP, and they have some huge advantages over you:

1. DOHC- as we all know, allows individual tuning of the intake and exhaust cams.
2. Big Players in the Cam Game- Jun, Toda, etc... Not to mention the valvetrain upgrades available from these guys.
3. Parts Availability- As you already know. Not to mention sleeved cylinders, block guards. The hardest one to overcome is going to be the lack of high compression pistons. Even if you could get aggressive cams, they're going to be mere shadows of their potential without at least a 10.5:1 CR.
4. A million smaller advantages

Here's what I would do:
1. Turbo
2. I have seen an H22 in an Accord. It's actually not too difficult- no more than dropping an H22 into a Civic or Integra. Just requires custom motor mounts.

BTW, gentlemen- the moderators have all decided we are not going to tolerate bad mouthing other members. A simple "Thank you, but..." or "Here's what I always thought..." would have sufficed. All animosity does is make this place more difficult to be a member of. Please be civil to each other- all I'm asking.

Last edited by 2ndGenTeg : 09-07-2001 at 06:55 AM.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote