View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
ood
Parked

Keyless entry questions

Hi all, Long time since I posted here (It was honda-sport my last post) I had to re-reg as my old nick (doo) would let me read, but not post.

Anyways... I have a couple of questions I hope the more knowledgeable than I can help me with... As the topic suggests it has to do with keyless entry. In particular, keyless entry on an 2000 accord EX. I bought one today to replace my 90 accord 200+K miles! and still going strong.(I just wanted something new(er) <G>. My question is, where is the keyless entry /remote trunk /panic receiver? Once apon a time I heard it was in the stereo unit. Is this true? As I want to replace the stock head unit with something else, but I don’t want to loose keyless entry.

If it is true, well that’s too bad, can I wire the stereo to retain the keyless entry? If it not true, and the keyless entry system is in a different component, great! I will just buy a new stereo and replace the stock one.

Also, I see the stereo as well as the doors have a blinking red LED saying security. What exactly is this security. As far as I can tell, its just a red blinking LED. Is there anything more going on?? I dunno. Thanks for the help guys!!.

I thank you all for the help.
ood is offline   Reply With Quote