View Single Post
Old 01-10-2002, 06:52 PM   #32
importboi22

turbo and all motor both do the same thing
turbo = varible compression ratios for example if you had an 8:1 compression and you ran exactally 14.7psi of boost your compression under boost would be 16:1 , 29.4psi boost = 24:1 ( i think! not sure)
as for NA equals static compression i think the absoulte highest you could run on the street is like 12.5:1 on at least 96+octane (which here in CA is sacred) and i think the highest you can go is like 15:1 or 16:1 because the piston will hit your valves....
pros and cons of turbo
pros: LOTS OF TORQUE , nice sound (for some) ,varible compression ( good for street) still carry peeps and it feels fast, easy to install dont have to tear the motor out
cons: lots of heat! (killer of motors) turbo lag( not really true but still you car does fill slow not under boost) fuel managment, more maintence.
NA
pros: you can say you got a fast 4 banger all motor ( which everyone should respect no matter what!) lil more rebliable. (questionable) dunno what else
cons: you got to get upwards of 4-5k rpms to make power becuase of you horrendous valve overlap. Have another person in your car and you car is like 10x's slower