View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #23
Honda_Tengoku

I wouldnt say they fudge their dyno numbers. There is some truth to them. As far as your bracket breaking on the CAI's, is one of your motor mounts busted???? It sounds like u have worn or broken motor mounts. The engine sounds as if it is moving way too much. Its strange u had fitment issues. I used a Del Sol DOHC VTEC cai on my 92 CX with my D16Z6 and even that fit perfect. The reason why I used that Is that I was going to get the B18B swap, but the guy screwed me. So I just had this paid intake sitting at my house for it, So I decided to use it on the D16Z6. I ran a best of 14.8 with just bolt ons, LSD, and Z rated street tires. Personally I dont know anyone that reaches this ET with my bolt ons so I figured it was making good power, and had no reason to change it to the proper one.

As far as the SRI intake having "sex" (that was funny) with your battery well. Again sounds like a motor mount issue. Anyways as far as the K and N CAI's, well I think they are just as good. As everone knows K and N builds the cone filter setup for AEM and most of the power gains are in the cone. Obviously K and N would have to make the correct size pipping, and length to get the tunning resonance correct for more gains. I dont have any dyno graphs to compare the two but I have always known K and N to make good quality stuff. That would be the only CAI setup I would ever buy besides the AEM. BTW Comptech's cold air box set up makes good power too. They make as good as power as the AEM but without the noise. The only reason I exclude it, is cuz u have to buy the box and their CAI piping for it and all that runs about twice as much as the AEM CAI. Too overpriced for me. So I dont even consider it. Besides I like the noise that a CAI makes at WOT.