Thread: Z28 and New Si
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Z28 and New Si

I don't normally street race, but...

Tonight on my way to work I had a Z28 roll up on me with his girl in a Z28 and revved on me. My usual take on street racing is "Whatever, why not?" because for me it's just for fun, anyways. Took off from the light and he was ahead, the tip of my front bumper even with his rear wheels. By 80, I had put two car lengths in bewtween us. Then the CAMARO actually did the ricer fly-by when I turned off to go work. That made my night.

On my way home from work, I casually passed a 2003 Civic Si. Now this thing I wanted to race just to see what kinda balls the K20 has. We went at it at the light. I got an awful launch and he put about a car and a half between us just on the launch (he also jumped the light a little). By the end of second it was down to a half and I was pulling on him hard. That's when the pussy decided to bail, which really pissed me off. It's too bad because it would have been interesting. His gears are pretty short, whereas only my first and second are short, but get long at third. It would have been a good race if we had gone for longer or if I had gotten a better launch. It's alright- I'm sure I'll see him again.