View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 12:27 AM   #7
Maxvla

i don't know about the new car stereos... they seem to be getting better. but the speakers still suck.

if i were you i'd replace the factory speakers (hopefully some of your speakers will fit) with new/used aftermarket speakers. that will do amazing things. you don't hafta replace your head unit to get good sound... just plug the amp inline with the speaker outputs on your stereo (or by some grace of god it will have RCA jacks which will sound better) then run your amp to your speakers that way you have more power... and more power means cleaner sound and when you turn it up really loud the distortion will be much less than with the factory deck powering the speakers.

then if you want... add some subs and a decent amp to power them. you can get the signal the same way as before.

the cd changers are nice cause they transmit on a preset radio station usually in the 88-90 range since that's the limit for public radio bandwidth. you just plug in your fav cd and tune your radio to that station and you'll have FM quality cd music in your car without having a fancy deck someone would like to deprive you of.

wow. long. sorry.

>>Later>>