View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
spaur

I have an aftermarket head unit in my 00 Accord, and my mom has the factory unit in her 01. No, I don't have a blinking light in the dash anymore, but everything works just fine.

The alarm will sound if the door is unlocked by pulling the handle from the inside if the alarm is set. If someone was to break in through the window, and reach down to open the door, the alarm will go crazy. The car is also equipped with an immobilizer system on it so even if the car is started by a hotwire, it will be shut down without the correctly chipped key in the ignition.

Possibly if anyone could answer this question though..

My 00 will lock itself if I stand near it with the keys in my HAND. If I walk all the way into my house and come back to it later, it's unlocked just like I left it. No, I'm not accidentally pressing the button. The keys can be laid on the ground, dangling in my hand, wherever NEAR the car and it will automatically lock.

My mother's 01 doesn't do this. She can leave her keys in the console if she feels like it, with no worry about locking her keys in her car.