View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
nonovurbizniz

Well I had Pioneer Components in the front before anyway... and a Crunch subwoofer (they were DIRT cheap when they came out but short of a real top end sub it was the best one on the market)... It's actually partially seperated and it still thumps like a bastard.

I had infinity top of the line components before that, that I still have and have been tinkering with the idea of re-installing those so I have front rear and sub... but I'm not sure yet... I think I'm missing one of the crossovers from the infinity's so... that will put a damper on that...

I'm running an old JBL GT400 for an amp... it's 100x4 or you can bride it to 200x2... I have it set up with the front 100x2 and the rear bridged to 200x1 to the single 12" crunch.

I'm gunna spend some money on getting it all wired up properly (the place I paid to do the initial install did a ghetto job) and eventually dynomat the ENTIRE car... then after that I'll prob. worry about upgrading the speakers... I hate to install nice stuff into otherwise ghetto surroundings...

I'm all sketched out about this headunit being hooked up to the mess they left me with as it is... I just got to get on ordering all the stuff I need to clean it all back up...

The guys who wired the stereo just cut the harness off of the body side so there's no clean way to install it... there are wires dangling every which way.. it's great... I gotta order a new harness from honda which I'm guessing doens't come with any pins or pigtails so I'm prob. better off just getting one from a junkyard...

Then it's all soldering inside a 2.5x7" hole... which should be a blast.

Then to top it all off they have the front speaker wires run from the amp in the trunk up to the freaking dash... so they could just splice the amp wires onto the stock wires so they didn't have to run REAL wires to the doors... that's GOT to be killing the quality of the sound coming from the front speakers.

but the head unit is a HUGE improvement. I'm way happy about it... and I don't really park my car anywhere but at my apt. (kinda ghetto so that sucks) and my work (nothing to worry about).. SO I SHOULD be ok...