View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im only about 95% sure, but i think anything with "honda" in it is in violation of the 04 suite, and it a copyright and or trademark infringment. its like having microsoft.org, and have something remotly related to software, but just talk about it. it misrepresents the company as a 3rd party would or could assume that it has something to do with the real company. the uninformed could then come to the assumption that anything on the site in question is backed by the host company, which it is not, which could bring about unwanted and unjust lawsuites on the real company, and in turn, the site not affiliated with said company, if any information found on the site has not had the research behind it that the host company would want to have done before recommending their consumers to try anything to their product.

you can slice it a number of ways, anything from the how-to section not being 100% at hondas standard, to recommending aftermarket parts which honda would not stand behind, then if anything on your car goes wrong, and you feed the line "well on some *honda*.* site it said it was ok" now they have to take legal actions to shift blame from them to the site owner. but since they own the name honda, they have legal rights to it, so by saying no one can use their name without permission, they help make themselves more secure when it comes to liability and false advertising with their name.

sorry for the long winded legal type responce, my law classes are doing it to me.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote