View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 10:22 AM   #29
HighLife

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
you are wrong

the concept of combustion is this... you MUST have enough air for the fuel, and enough fuel for the air... IF stock civics ran REDICULOUSLY rich, and you added all these AIRFLOW related mods it WOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERANCE... well civics DON'T run all that rich so they DONT really add power i have yet to see I/H/E combo ALONE make that much of a differance on ANY pre 99 honda civic..

Im speaking in stock terms...he is not going to be running rich and since he is asking about i/h/e im sure he doesnt even know how to get his car running rich. Unless he is using some after market fuel managment. WHo knows. He is asking about basic mods, but i agree with what your saying. Sometimes it will help on a heavy modded civic. Kinda like what you get a high flow cat for. On a stock car a high flow cat will due more harm then good most of the time, but you have a turbo or SC with i/h/e and some other performance mods, you most likely will get a nice boost from it. Nothing crazy or major...just little bit.