Thread: what happened
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I don't think either of them had any significant grasp on economic policy....let's face it, few people do aside from economists. Any economic policy will be coming from cabinet members anyway. McCain even said he "had a lot to learn" when it came to the economy. At least he was honest for once, I suppose.

It's a shame that the elections took place in the time they did when all people wanted to hear about was the economy. Sure, it's important but there are a lot of other pressing issues that didn't really get addressed. Hell...even I can come up with better prop-ups for the economy. How, you ask?

Repeal all of the Bush administration's initiatives. And I mean ALL of them. It's pretty clear they did nothing to help us. Tax the shit out of the rich...they can afford it. Even a slight bump in middle class (my and your) taxes would be fine with me. I hate paying taxes, but I know I have to in order to have things like police, firefighters, civil services, etc. Americans expect a whole hell of a lot but don't want anything coming out of their pocket for it. Time to change that. You'll wish you paid taxes when your house catches fire and no one comes to put it out. Slash the defense budget big time. Hell, cut it in half and it's still the biggest in the world. Who are we afraid of, anyway? We're on fairly good terms with Russia thanks to M.A.D. and China owns so much shit here there's no point in them trying anything. We're fighting a war that has no clear definition of "win", so put an end to that right now. Nation building costs money and we ain't got any to spare. Besides, the war will never be "won" by the American definition so why does it matter when we leave? We had no problem pulling out of Vietnam and they seem to be doing ok. Also, let's have EVERY financial regulatory institution in this country do a MAJOR overhaul so nobody gets to pull the same bullshit that put us into this situation in the first place. There...that's gotta be a few trillion over a few years.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote