View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 09:17 AM   #77
oc civic

didn't read the whole thing but heres the end of my thoughts on it.. they are pretty simple..

all of you with b16 swaps... as stated the lack of torque is the problem.. through nitrous injection ($500 TOTAL cost) i make way more torque AND am faster in a heavier car... so i still have $2500 left of the 3k you spent.... with that i could build an almost race motor.. OR a milder build TWICE... and thats right.. STILL be faster

everyone keep saying.. well i can build my b i can build my b.. sure you can... how much more are you going to spend on that?2k?

ok so now you have 5 THOUSAND into just the motor and i bet you can spin tires all the way down the 1/4... drag racing is not JUST power... when you build your n/a b.. ill go to 2 stage direct port.. and suspension including slicks.. and ill STILL have spent less and ill STILL win.. you may have better dyno numbers.. no wait.. you WILL have better dyno numbers.. but who cares if you lose... the point is without being pretty race preped you will not go faster than 11's and it is very posible to get a single cam into the 12's with the right build AND suspension...

there was a kid named eric who lives near me he had a turbo h22.. it made TONS of power.. he ran a mid 12... because he could not hook for shit..