View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i honestly think she should get the jail time she could. even if her intentions were pure, which i think they were, you cant be an elected official then not follow the rank and file when it comes to foreign policy. she acted in her best interest, not the nations, because if it was the nations, we would have sent her to have talks with them. it could have gone horribly wrong and much worse than a few lies about Israel wanting peace talks would have come out. if we dont hold these. we dont live in an anarchy where anyone can do what they want. she has to listen to the government and especially in this day and age foreign policy is not something to be taken lightly. this little incident could have sprug much worse events, and still might.

and i godda agree with jeremy on the law still being applicable. it was written that long ago, much like the constitution and bill of rights. they are still here and havnt been amended because they still hold true, and still are written and carried out the way our founding fathers intended. its like saying freedom of speech, no self incrimination, no double jeopardy, or any of the other 10 amendments arnt good anymore because there was too much time. some things change, some things dont, and theres reasons for it.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote