Thread: street racing
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #12
blownteggy

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
so what are u supposed to do when there is no track around?? we have one here, but it's only open like once a week, during certain times of the year, they charge an arm and a leg to run once and they're far away. people here just set illegal races on a deserted street where no one is in harms way. i don't see the harm in going there. the only street racing i do have a problem with is the kind where people are racing in a lot of traffic where they're endagering the lives of everyone around. u just gotta learn to be smart about where u race, and know when to stop, even if it means losing. i've known a couple people who just didn't want to lose, so they don't slow down, and they end up crashing.

same stuff here too...the tracks we have are 2 hours away and biased towards imports. the SF bay area folks like me who do streetrace know the risk we take and so do the people who go out there to kick it. when i first started going, there was maybe 50-100 cars out. but now that the stupid fast and furious came out there are hundreds of people out. most of them are there to be "in!" those of us who are wiser than these people set up private races no one else knows about. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: BE SAFE OUT THERE