View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
ford50forlife
4th Gear

rude awakening....

i got plastered.... basically

me vs. 1994 toyota supra with 610rwhp... t-78 from a roll, bit of an overkill but anyway heres the car (BTW it was for shits and giggles) the supra figures

keep in mind i raced him before he got his t-88H and nitrous

i went to the center with my car, (no hood, it pulled a tommy boy on me on the highway @ 60mph) and saw my freinds supra there, havent really had a chance to talk to him much but we just shot the shit for a bit and decided for a shits and giggles run from a slow roll. (i will upload the videos once my boy gets his firewire in) we went from 20 and i hit 2nd perfect, he was still behind me , 3rd was a clean hit, but then by 70 all i heard was the loudest most obnoxious spool in the world, and from there the "pulling" or should i say RUNNING began... about 3 city blocks to 120... if not more... anyway we did it again with the same result and on the way back i got up along side of him @80 mph and just hit it, and actually held him off until my 5th @ 120... then he just pulled me... i wish i could upload it, the vid is AWESOME!...

anyway i havent been here for awhile and have had some pretty dank races let me just list my recent updates since i got it running again.....

more tuning
fireball ignition w/ rev limiter and coil w/ plat +4 plugs and splitfire wires
windage tray
new oil pan
new tranny mount
auburn pro differential w/ 31 spline moser axles
ACTUAL REAR BRAKE LINES!!! WOOT~
driveshaft safety loop
adjusted suspension components
i also took a nut out of my transmission that fell off my shifter LOL! keeps me from missing gears !

best race to date was a 1979 monte carlo w/ a 350 with heads cam and slicks that pull the front tires off the ground, he runs 12.90's all day and took me to 70 but i ran past him after that... i need to start collecting this videos, any way good runs, be safe all

my winter project starts soon so its going off the road, i already got the motor its just a matter of pulling it apart and putting it back together, something to the tune of 347 whipplecharged....

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 09-24-2003 at 09:48 PM.
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote