View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 07:31 AM   #1
97lude

Got smacked down by a 1st gen Eclipse at the track

I went up to the Orlando track friday night to get some runs in. The weather was perfect ~58-60. Apparently my friends and I weren't the only ones with this idea. The track was more crowded than I have ever seen it. On my first run of the night I was in line waiting and a a guy walked up to me and wanted to know if I wanted to race his car. I looked over and saw he had an Eclipse Turbo AWD. Great, this car could be anywere from a low 15 sec. car to a low 12 second car. I asked him what he had done and he said "Ummm, not really that much, I mean its stock except for an exh." Sure budy that why I see a boost guage in your window and controller sitting in your dash. Anyways I agreed and we lined up. I hate AWD car because they always get me off the line. We staged and the lights started flashing down and I got a .499 reaction time to his .898, but that is about all I won. I spun way to heavy and got a horrible 2.38 60 ft. to his 1.9. After that I just couldn't make up the difference. He didn't pull on me anymore but I couldn't make it up either. He ended up getting a 14.3 and I got a 14.9@93. Pretty fun race, after that I sat in line for 2 hrs to get another run in and then left because there were 500+ cars in line.